Don't worry Bears fans, Jaylon Johnson isn't holding out
2023 Season
June 1, 2023· 1 min read
Bryan Perez
June 1, 2023 · 1 min read

Chicago Bears cornerback Jaylon Johnson has been absent from the team's voluntary OTAs this offseason, sparking speculation that a contract dispute could be on the horizon. Bears fans just went through a problematic spat between linebacker Roquan Smith and GM Ryan Poles in 2022, and no one wants to see that again.

Thankfully, we won't.

Johnson joined ESPN's Keyshawn, JWill, and Max show Thursday and confirmed he'd be at the Bears' mandatory minicamp.

"For sure," he said.

Johnson also shed light on why he's been a no-show so far. He's focused on being a dad and spending time with his daughter, who he said he doesn't see as much as he'd like during the NFL season.

It seems like the Chicago Bears' CB1 has his priorities straight.

Indeed, a second contract is on Johnson's mind. But so is winning.

"Honestly, for me, it used to be a lot of pressure," Jaylon Johnson said. "I would even say for me going into my third year, I felt like that was the year for me to put myself out there to be able to have a new contract, to be able to re-up. For me, it’s just about going out and being who I am.

'With winning comes paychecks, and I think at the end of the day, I need to focus on winning. That’s what I’m worried about going into Year 4."


Tags:2023 SeasonChicago BearsJaylon JohnsonNews
Bryan Perez
Bryan PerezManaging Editor at BearsTalk

Comments

Join the Conversation

Sign up to comment on this story

Create a free BearsTalk account to comment, earn points, and join the community.

Loading comments…

More From BearsTalk